Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Back to blogging Wolf again!

Hi Everyone. Well it's been about 2 years since I last blogged here as I have a website but have never really found time to develop it. Blogging is much easier and still gives me a quick easy way to have a say and let people know whats going in with me Wolfenstein related, so I'll keep posting on here from time to time.

Here's what I'm currently working on;

1. DHW SDL Mapset - I am working on some levels for an SDL mapset that some members of the Die Hard Wolfers Forum have been working on. The mapset has some extremely talented Wolf mappers involved including; AReyeP, Serpens, Ack, Thomas & RonWolf. I'm working on Episode 5 so I will be doing a Boss level with Gretel in it, something I haven't done before. I'm currently working on Level 1 but it's going to need a fair bit more revision if I am to get it up to the standard of where i suspect this mapset will be at when completed.

We are looking for a Xmas/End of Year release at this stage.

2. SonderKommando Revolt - Sonder is still going after 3 1/2 years and after some setbacks is getting closer to release then it ever has before. We have had 5 coders work on the TC over the time and with Havoc we are finally getting things completed, not that the others didn't all do awesome work. I thought I had finished my participation in the TC, as all levels have been fully mapped, but I am now doing some additional placement of some sprites for a bonus feature that I can't really discuss. We have also recently discussed removing the 'secret' weapon and decided that it won't be in the normal Sonder levels so there are some changes there I need to make as well.
The mod, in my humble opinion, is brilliant to play and really like something that hasn't been released before. I hoping that everyone can see the hard work that has gone into Sonder. It's unusual where that we all think that playing the game with the music turned off gives it more atmosphere and enhances the gameplay, it will be interesting to hear what others think about this when it's released.

Well thats about it for now. I have played through some Wolf mods lately including the brilliant Spear of Destiny: Reloaded which I can highly recommend, and it's in SDL so everyone can play it!I have some reviews I've written for mods that I've played through and/or tested over the years so I may start posting them here also.

Not sure anyone is actually going to read this but we'll leave it as a surprise and see how long it takes. I have added this blog as my website at the Die Hard Wolfers Forum so someone may stumble across it sooner or later. Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment