Monday, December 12, 2016

Bobby Prince Medical Fund

It has come to our attention that composer Bobby Prince, who wrote the soundtracks to such games as Wolf3D, Doom and Duke Nukem, has been diagnosed with colon cancer. His brother has set up a gofundme page to give Bobby some relief in his expenses:

"My Brother, Bobby Prince, found out that he had colon cancer last year. He was operated on, had a colostomy, was thought to be cancer free, and had the colostomy reversed.  Now,  all these months later,  they have found another tumor in his colon. He is beginning chemo to shrink the tumor before they operate again. Once again, he must go through this process.
     Bobby is best known, in Athens, by his musical career. He was THE original Jester. He is my hero and probably the smartest person I have ever known.  When computer music was in it's infancy, he was at the forefront and wrote the music to Doom, Duke Nukem, and many others.
He has never let me down when I needed help and it is my wish that this fund will give him some relief in all of these added expenses"

You can donate here: Bobby Prince Medical Fund

No comments:

Post a Comment