Thursday, September 07, 2006

Update

I have completed level 3 of the mappers exe that we are working on but I'm unhappy with the level. It's not really what I was looking for and isn't up to the quality of the others I've created in the set so I'm going to start another level from scratch. I'll keep the level, who knows it might pop up somewhere else some time. I will hopefully get a start this weekend, and as always I will post a screenshot once the level has been completed in it's entirety.

The level has a dark brown ceiling and is using the Spear of Destiny stone wall as well as the standard Wolf brick wall (The one with the vent in it) and probably some of the blue prison area walls. Both keys will be utilised, as in all my levels, and there will probably be half a dozen secret walls, which is about the average amount I put into all my levels.

I just completed playing Spear resurrection again today and the game was as challenging and fun as it was the first time. I love the use of colour in the wall textures and have been influenced in the making of some of my walls by the game. Each time I play it I always find the earlier levels much harder than the later ones, not sure why that is, in fact I gave up the first couple of times I tried playing because I was constantly getting killed, damn clones! I read somewhere that the game has been downloaded over 1,000,000 times, man that's impressive for a mod of a 14 year old game.

The settlement on my new house has just been brought forwad 4 weeks so I will be moving on the 28th September now. I will probably be off line for a few days before and after that date while everything is moved, so this blog may not be updated for a period around that time, but don't worry, as I'll continue to update as soon as my PC is unpacked and set back up again, I'll still be posting most days up until the 26th of September I would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment